Inspired by my friend Wendy, I am writing 20 goals that I hope to accomplish in 2020. I absolutely love lists and goal setting, but this took me a few days to think through. I wanted to have a balance of spiritual, mental, physical, practical and family goals. I think I've found a balance, though I'm giving myself a few days to ponder a bit more and the freedom to change them if I feel I need to. So here they are!
1. Read through the Bible and memorize 20 verses/passages. (using this plan: https://www.navigators.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Discipleship-Journal-Bible-Reading-Plan-9781617479083.pdf)
2. Read 20 (or more) books - particularly by POC.
3. Figure out service outside of regular school/church responsibilities.
4. Update the kids journals 3x.
5. Become a body & soul instructor.
6. Set up savings accounts for the kids.
7. Learn the basics on the cajon.
8. Become a VIPkid teacher.
9. Take the kids on some of the group experiences - ATN, talking through art, walking tour, cooking class, etc.
10. Explore a new place in Rwanda for a weekend with our family.
11. Figure out a better system of praying for our supporters.
12. Start listening to podcasts - particularly by POC.
13. Do the Daniel fast 4x.
14. Exercise 20x (or more) per month.
15. Update our blog 1x/month.
16. Begin to work through the catechism with Isaac.
17. Establish a better bedtime routine for me & the kids.
18. Finish the ACSI certification process.
19. Host a theme party/game night at our house just for fun.
20. Establish regular and more intentional family nights.
Do you have any resolutions or goals for the upcoming year? I'd love to hear about them!