Most of you know that we are partner-missionaries with Christian Reformed World Missions working at Haven of Peace Academy. What this means is that we get a stipend from HOPAC to help cover housing, but the rest of our 'salary' we have to fund-raise for.
Over the past 2.5 years, we have only twice met our monthly budget. This means we've struggled to stay here, questioning if this year would be our last. In October, we shared this dilemma through our prayer letter and WOW. God has used so many people to affirm our call and make it possible for us to say:
WE ARE STAYING IN TANZANIA FOR ONE MORE YEAR!
I get a bit giddy just thinking of the amazing ways God has shown himself to us. Let me share with you how we've been blessed, affirmed and provided for:
* Our friend, Rachel, hosted a Trades of Hope fundraiser for us!
* A supporter came into a large chunk of money and donated $2000!
* We've added 3 new monthly supporters!
* We've had 4 supporters increase their giving!
* We've added a partner church who has already taken a special offering for us!
* One of our existing partner churches took a special offering for us!
* One of our existing partner churches gave us the money needed to pay our September self-employment taxes!
* Family gave us money to pay for our extensive car repairs!
* Many individuals from one of our partner churches gave special gifts!
We have been overwhelmed. We feel excited and at peace about staying for the 2016-2017 school year, and look forward to our continued partnership with so many.
All of these gifts have gotten us closer to our budget for the year, but we still aren't quite there. We are still looking for a few more monthly supporters or one time gifts to be pledged for the remainder of this fiscal year (now - June) and pledged for next year (July 2016 - June 2017). If you're able to donate even $10 monthly for the next 6, 12 or 18 months we would be so grateful!
Visit Christian Reformed World Missions to give.
THANK YOU to everyone for your prayers, your love and your support!
Thursday, January 14, 2016
Friday, January 1, 2016
We would love it if you would take a few minutes to read through our
DECEMBER PRAYER LETTER!
Here's a little quiz to read through - keep these questions in mind when you read the update, then come back here and see how many questions you can answer when you're done!
1. What is the name of the new President of Tanzania?
2. Do we have all the support we need to stay for 2016 - 2017?
3. What sport is Marc going to be coaching?
4. Is Gretchen fluent in Swahili yet?
5. Why do we have 6 stockings hung this year?
6. Who made our stockings?
7. What sport did Isaac do this past term?
8. How many people came over for Thanksgiving?
9. How can you be praying for Marc?
10. What will be new for Hope & Geneva starting this month?
So, how'd you do?